Building of the Main Page of the E-Commerce Site
The most important page of e-commerce sites are home pages. The home page, which is the “showcase of the online store”, is where the users or customers who visit the site first perceive the store or brand. The home page is the door to other pages. Satisfied with the products, services, design, visual and textual elements on display, the customer spends more time on the site. This situation positively affects the buying tendency.
The home page, which has a dominant role in the success of the e-commerce site, is among the factors that affect brand loyalty. The most important page of e-commerce companies in the design of the website is the home page. The home page, which establishes direct dialogue with consumers, is the most critical and strategic place in the online store. Being the first place where customers interact with the online sales company also reveals its importance.
Research reveals that users have an idea about the brand within 15 seconds of entering the home page. For this reason, work on the home page is of great importance.
What To Be On The E-Commerce Homepage
The home pages of the e-commerce site, like the home pages of other websites, are a gateway to the store that are first visited. The customer entering through this door may want to try other doors as well. Home page elements, images, content and overall home page design have a major impact on customer perception. For this reason, it is very important to include some basic elements in an e-commerce site. The home page is the first page visitors see in organic or direct referrals. Elements on a home page that focus on the user’s perceptions contribute to user recycling.
An e-commerce home page should be equipped with images containing the corporate identity of the company. Home pages that have the power to describe who the company is, what it does and what products it offers should be designed. Home pages that fail to impress online shopping customers will drive visitors to other online stores.
So, which elements and what elements should be included in the e-commerce home page?
- Logo: The brand logo is the sign that gives the first impression. The logo is usually located in the upper left corner of the home page. There should be a home page link in the logo. The lines and colors of the logo should represent corporate identity. A good logo will leave a positive perception.
- Search bar: One of the most important items that should be on the home page of an e-commerce site is the search bar. A prominent search bar design is required to lead the customer to search for products. It is important that the search bar is located in the same place on pages other than the home page. Search bar; It should be located in a visible, easily and quickly accessible area. The search bar should be equipped with superior search algorithm to find products in different categories.
- Banners: Home page banners are the first visual element to attract the attention of the user in the online store. The interesting banner designs on the home page will prompt the target audience to examine the products. Moving photos, a banner or banners promoting new products will increase the time the user will spend on the e-commerce site.
Other Tips for the E-Commerce Site Homepage
- The site’s home page should open quickly. For this, software and hosting infrastructure must be designed with superior features. 4 out of 10 people who visit an e-commerce site leave home pages that are opened in more than 3 seconds.
- There should be visual elements on the home page that will allow customers to spend longer time and direct them to other internal pages.
- Unreliable home page designs and content will increase the rate of abandoning the site.
- Attractive offers such as campaigns, discounts and free shipping should be featured on the home page.
- Applications such as “bestsellers”, “new offers”, “top comments” to be placed on the home page can be an option to direct customers to other pages.
- If possible, 24/7 online customer service support should be provided and this application should be available on every category page, especially the home page.
- Product categories should be in an easily accessible area on the home page; easy access to sub-categories should be provided.
- It is important that the shopping cart icon is presented in a visible design on the homepage and is in an easily accessible area.
- The home page should be a dynamic and active space. It should be constantly updated with remarkable visuals such as new products, promotions and discounts.