E-Commerce Cargo Integrations
Cargo integrations, which are a part of logistics integrations, are a system established between cargo companies and e-commerce site. Cargo integrations are generally tied to a standard and procedure, although there are some differences depending on the cargo company.
It is not necessary to operate a shipping process for sales in physical stores; because the customer comes to the store, selects the product and takes it to the living space. In online stores, the customer purchases a product he chooses on the internet in his living space with digital payment options and starts waiting for the courier to deliver the order package to his address.
Shipping is a complex aspect of e-commerce sites. It is difficult to manually process and manage all order information in the system. For this reason, cargo integrations have been developed.
The function of Cargo Integrations
Online shopping has many advantages. People enjoy shopping from their homes or workplaces. They only need to choose products and pay for shopping. With a few clicks, the products they buy are delivered to the address they want within a few days. This ease provides the integrations used in the e-commerce ecosystem. Cargo integrations, one of them, are one of the most important parts of online customers’ shopping experiences.
The main functions of cargo integrations are;
- Shipping of orders: Cargo integrations automatically notify the cargo company of the ready order. This integration; It shares details such as payment method and address / contact information of the order with the cargo company. It is unlikely that there will be data loss or information errors in the integration, which automatically transfers every data related to the order through the online system.
- Information errors: The cargo company, which detects any errors or deficiencies in the order information, may request information updates from the relevant unit of the e-commerce site through the same system.
- Barcoding: After the confirmation of the order information shared on the system, cargo label and barcoding process is performed. The label and barcode in the system allows cargo processing without the need to print a second label later. Cargo companies can develop a custom label format for the integration system.
- Informing the customer: An important function of cargo integrations is to provide information to the customer about the cargo process. When the orders transferred to the cargo company are taken to the warehouse for delivery, the barcode in the system is scanned. In the meantime, the customer is automatically notified via e-mail and SMS. It also provides the opportunity to edit and update the integration, mail and SMS format. The notification function notifies the customer after the shipment has been delivered. This confirms whether the shipment has reached the right customer or not.
- Shipment tracking: Customers who order through e-commerce sites are curious about the cargo process. He wants to know when the product he bought will reach his hand. For this reason, it looks for a channel where it can check the cargo delivery status. Cargo integrations contain an important function that automatically manages this process and provides information to the customer. The process until the ordered products are delivered from the cargo company to the address can be learned through the e-commerce site thanks to cargo integrations. Integrated into the shipping company’s delivery process, the system allows checking the shipment status in real time. The electronic cargo delivery document contains details that the customer is curious about such as the cargo number, the contact information of the departure and destination cargo branch, and the current status of the delivery.
- Easy management: In order to deliver online orders, cargo processes must be managed effectively. Cargo integrations enable easy management of delivery processes. It acts as a bridge between the parties integrated into the system. Thus, e-commerce companies save time and personnel in cargo processes.
Cargo Integration Working System
It provides processes such as cargo integrations, real-time shipment tracking, shipment label printing and automatic tracking number generation. It can work in conjunction with dynamic ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and other business applications integrated on e-commerce sites. Real-time cargo tracking options eliminate delivery time concerns for customers.
The following stages are basically included on cargo integrations;
- Order information is transferred to the integrated system;
- The order package is prepared;
- It is delivered to the cargo company with barcode printout;
- The cargo tracking number is automatically transferred to the system;
- The customer is informed about the process by e-mail or SMS with an automatic template;
- When the cargo is on its way and reaches the destination branch, the cargo tracking form on the integration system is updated;
- The process can be followed by the customer, site administrators or other stakeholders;
- The cargo shipment is delivered to the customer and an update is made as “delivered”;
- After all the necessary data has been processed, the order is closed.