E-Commerce CRM Integration
CRM stands for “Customer Relationship Management”. It is a process in which companies’ customer interactions are handled. Companies can make strategic decisions with CRM data. CRM, which also provides important customer data to increase profitability; it is a set of technologies, strategies and practices.
CRM, which contributes to e-commerce processes that cannot be overlooked, personalizes the interaction with customers. As a reliable communication tool, CRM is a management model focused on customer satisfaction. It adds vision to e-commerce activities and ensures effective management of customer relations. CRM integrations on e-commerce sites are an electronic Customer Relationship Management system that reduces costs compared to traditional Customer Relationship Management.
The following tools and applications are basically included in CRM integrations;
- Customer management
- Call center solutions
- Sales automation
- Marketing practices
- Internet-based self-service applications
With CRM applications, the e-commerce site has a stronger structure. Applications such as tracking customers, arranging offers, receiving order forums, providing customer support and service are among the sine qua non of e-commerce sites.
Advantages of CRM Integration
After stepping into the e-commerce sector, every remedial application integrated into the system for customer satisfaction contributes to the customer’s brand loyalty. E-commerce platforms, which provide solution-oriented services to their customers in a tough competitive environment, are growing with increasing momentum. In order to sustain growth, it is important to establish a good Customer Relationship Management system or to integrate CRM into the e-commerce site.
Some of the advantages of CRM integrations used to maximize customer satisfaction are as follows;
- Customers can be informed about the business or products, and suggestions can be offered.
- It allows to monitor the changing shopping habits of the customers and to predict these behaviors.
- It offers customer data collection tools.
- It provides integrated solutions with various campaigns.
- Provides customizable message service.
- Customers can be answered automatically.
Expectations from CRM Integration
CRM is an internet based system. Acting as a bridge between customers and e-commerce companies, CRM is part of successful strategies. The electronic CRM system includes common applications among customer service, marketing and service units.
In e-commerce systems, CRM has to meet a number of expectations regardless of the mission of the business:
- Customer data coming from different channels should be able to be evaluated.
- It should allow determination of which CRM resource received from whom, which data and when.
- Cross-channel customer interactions and communications must be able to harmonize simultaneously.
- It should be able to provide feedback in a short time according to customer transactions in different channels.
- It should allow the measurement of customer communications and interactions; It should contain tools that can be used for this purpose.
- It must ensure that the customer can contact the customer representative at any time.
- It should include an effective phone and message system.
Customer Relations in E-Commerce
All sectors need Customer Relationship Management. Companies that trade products and services have to maintain their customer relations flawlessly, smoothly and uninterruptedly. E-commerce sites are one of the platforms that need CRM the most. For success in e-commerce, the customer should be given confidence in every sense.
Timely response to a customer’s questions when purchasing a product; resolving their problems in a short time; CRM integrations are needed in processes such as the behavior of customers within the e-commerce site and the evaluation of customer data for future e-commerce investments.
If the customer’s needs are met quickly and effectively, the rate of losing that customer will decrease. It is vital for the success of the e-commerce site to finalize the demands of customers who encounter problems in the process of purchasing a product or service as soon as possible. Because the customer is also a good or bad advertising tool. There is a potential to affect the environment positively or negatively about the problems encountered in the e-commerce site or the support provided.
When constructing CRM integrations in e-commerce, the following factors should be considered;
- It should be noted that the customer is always right!
- Empathy should be exercised in customer problems; should be considered like a customer.
- It should be ensured that the call center or customer service units provide service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- CRM integration solutions should focus on customer loyalty.
- Training on CRM should be provided to customer service personnel.
- While increasing the number of customers, the focus should be on selling more products to existing customers.
- Applications and tools in CRM integrations should be spread throughout the organization.