E-commerce Shipping Integration
Logistics services are one of the most important issues for e-commerce sites. Logistics, the “invisible hero of e-commerce systems”, is the process of delivering orders to the customer in a correct and complete manner.
One of the main purposes of online sales is to provide a product or service sold on an e-commerce site on time. In e-commerce, it has an important share for every consumer in terms of online shopping experience, price advantage and easy purchasing. E-commerce customers demand flexible and fast deliveries from purchasing a product to delivery. With the increasing and changing consumer demands, companies that make online sales and are part of the e-commerce ecosystem have to solve complex logistics processes in order to deliver their products to their customers.
Order flow is controlled and directed in all aspects in logistics processes. With the approval of the order, it is important to integrate the logistics systems, which include processes such as taking the products from the stock or warehouse ready for delivery, delivering them to cargo, and notifying the result to the relevant units and the customer, to the e-commerce site well and effectively. After the product is delivered, return and change requests are also evaluated within the logistics process. All these processes must be traceable, scalable and reportable.
Some of the important topics discussed in logistics processes are as follows;
- Cart merge
- Single order
- Multiple order
- Order cancellation
- Order update
- Stock update
- Procurement management
- Order tracking
- Returns and exchanges
What is E-commerce Shipping?
E-commerce logistics is a process that enables e-commerce companies to manage their inventories, control and manage their storage processes. Various software and workforce are used in this process. The ultimate goal is to deliver the order to the consumer without any problems. In this process, a correct and efficient logistics system and a complete integration of this system to the site is required. Solution partners who offer a professional logistics experience will increase customer satisfaction in the eyes of e-commerce companies.
E-commerce requires unparalleled competence and professionalism in managing inventory. For this reason, e-commerce companies must have a perfect e-commerce logistics to grow and gain experience in inventory movements.
With the integration of logistics systems in e-commerce, supply and stock management must be constantly updated in order to have fast access to reliable information. In addition, the logistics information system must be able to plan the delivery of orders and show the traceability of all logistics processes. The ultimate goal in logistics is to have a satisfied customer whose expectations are met and to increase the online sales of products.
Expectations from Shipping
Logistics operations enable the entire process to be controlled effectively in parallel with the development of technology. The information obtained in the process enables a complete and flawless operational process to be operated. The whole process focuses on maximum customer satisfaction.
Logistics processes or integrations should be able to meet the following expectations;
- It should be able to respond effectively to the logistics-based needs of companies selling via e-commerce.
- It should be able to provide full integration to e-commerce sales.
- It must be able to carry out processes such as order, storage, stock, return and change without interruption.
- It should be able to keep the number of products at an optimal level in processes such as receiving, stocking and storing products; It should be able to offer stock solutions according to the demands.
- It should be able to bring together products in a short time and completely in order to complete orders on time.
- It must be able to ensure that orders are properly packaged, packed, barcoded and labeled.
- It should be able to deliver the product to the correct address in the shortest time possible.
E-Commerce Logistics Management
There is a need for multidimensional logistics solutions in e-commerce. The services needed from large or small orders to package delivery management are within the scope of logistics management. The logistics needs of e-commerce sites are linked to customer satisfaction. Customers of online stores that attach importance to logistics will have an ideal shopping experience.
An effective logistics management is possible with versatile logistics integrations. Web-based logistics applications contribute to the operation processes of small and medium-sized enterprises. Logistics management, which requires a multi-layered and high-speed infrastructure from product acceptance to quality control services, also includes a high level of traceability and performance management.
A fully integrated logistics management provides the following advantages;
- Outsourcing logistics processes and the integration of logistics systems into the online sales process reduces costs.
- It helps to complete the process after the order is operational in a simpler and shorter time.
- Logistics integrations reduce personnel, infrastructure and energy costs.
- It offers quality packaging and shipping labels.
- It prevents errors from being reduced in the process after receiving an order.
- Provides faster delivery.